When you live in an area where storms are prominent, chances are that you will need a tree service at some point. During these disasters, there are often many fly-by-night companies that pop up just to cash in on it. However, when it comes to taking care of your trees, credentials really do matter.
After all, you want to make sure that your trees are in good hands and you’re working with a credible company. A credible tree company will be bonded, licensed, and insured. In other words, they:
- Have a license to perform tree care services
- Have insurance to cover potential accidents/damage
- Are bonded, which means they have an extra layer of protection for customers if they must file a claim against the company
B&B Tree Service in Asheville, North Carolina is licensed and bonded and can help you with all of your tree care needs, including pruning, tree removal, stump grinding, and more.
In this article, we’ll explain the importance of hiring a fully-insured tree company.
Is Tree Work Dangerous?
Tree work, especially removal and/or pruning, is a job for a trained arborist. There are several risks associated with tree work. They must understand these risks and how to handle them, including maneuvering around underground utilities and overhead power lines. Plus, they often use powerful, dangerous equipment. Finally, they must understand that the height and weight of the tree put them at risk when climbing, removing, or trimming a tree.
How Do You Know You’re Dealing with a Dangerous Contractor?
When you hire a tree care company, you should never assume that they are licensed and bonded- even if they tell you they are. You should always verify because if you do hire someone without these credentials and there are injuries or damage to your tree and/or property, you will be held liable.
A credible, reliable company contractor will have no problem showing you their credentials before getting started. You should also be cautious about working with tree companies that:
- Recommend topping to reduce the height of your tree
- Refuse to offer you a detailed description of services, along with the pricing and reasons they recommend the services they do
- Must climb the tree with spikes. If the work requires an aerial lift, ask them how they plan to climb the tree. If you are only having the tree pruned, spikes can cause damage to the tree.
Reasons to Hire an Accredited & Licensed Tree Company
An accredited and licensed tree company will put in the extra work to offer you the best service possible. B&B Tree Service in Asheville is here to handle your residential and commercial tree care needs. By hiring an accredited, licensed tree care company, you reduce your liability if something happens and it proves the company is credible.
Questions to Ask
When you are getting ready to hire a tree service, it is very important that you ask the following question:
- Do you have a license to perform tree work, as well as the appropriate insurance?
- What are your credentials?
- Are you willing to provide referfromces of past clients?
- Are your arborists certified through the International Society of Arboriculture or ISA?
Why Should You Hire an Insured Company vs. an Uninsured Contractor?
When you are considering hiring a tree care company to handle your tree pruning, removal, and more, make sure that they have the appropriate insurance in place. This will give you the peace of mind that you need.
In addition to making sure they have the right insurance, make sure that the contractors are ISA certified. Certification through the ISA requires a lengthy process, reference checks, and more.
If your property is located in or near Asheville, North Carolina, contact B&B Tree Service. We have been in business for many years. We started off small but have grown over the years. We work with residential and commercial properties, including emergency tree removal. Call us today, we would be more than happy to provide you with a free estimate.